At the beginning of 2019, losing weight gets shifted to the top of everyone’s priorities. “How to lose 10 pounds” gets searched like crazy on Google. Everyone around you wants to lose weight. You’ve probably heard the jargon at work, “this upcoming year will be my year.” It sounds cool but it usually goes with no plan of attack and with a lot of front-end effort. Below, are a few ways you can lose 10 pounds without killing yourself with stress and anxiety every time you step on the scale?
That’s right, be lazy. In order to lose 10 pounds you have to be smart lazy. I know the hero in you wants to workout every single day. You also don’t want to miss a single protein shake and green juice in the morning. You are fired up and ready to take names. Sure that works for the first few weeks, maybe even a month. I tell all my clients to literally lazy (smart lazy) and workout 3 times a week. Eat the right foods 75% of the time. This lazy approach creates sustainability. Sustainability in the fitness is the Holy Grail. I see this in my Boot camp business as well. Right now there are tons of gyms that will market to you the newest and coolest thing in losing weight. When you see those accounts on instagram, scroll as fast as you can. If you are starting this again, let me just tell you one thing, take your time to get there but be sure to get there.
Tracking is a very important thing when it comes to weight loss. You really have to see what you eat and how many times you workout. At first, don’t make it difficult. Track you calories and workout. If you are seeing difference on the scale and off the scale, then good keep going. This alone will keep you aware of what you are eating on a daily basis. There are apps out there like My Fitness pal or service like Xcellent Nutrition that will have calories accounted for in your meal plan.
Skip the diet.
Can you imagine a life where you eat lettuce and chicken all the time? It would literally suck. Skipping the diet means eating whole foods that will help you reach certain amounts of calories a day and still hitting your macronutrients. Skipping your diet doesn’t meal to eat fats food at any chance you get. It means be creative with your meals but be sure to track your calories.
This is the broken record of every single trainer in the fitness industry. The drink water thing is true. Staying hydrated will help you make better food decisions and will help you just feel better. Also, the more water you drink, the less bloated you look.
Drink coffee with creamer
This is another thing that many trainers say to stay away from when trying to lose weight. I use to say it to until life got busy and I didn’t have the luxury of sleeping 8-9 hours a day. I drink my coffee black but If you add creamer just don’t get crazy with it. One creamer will do the trick not 51 creamers. Cutting down the extra calories in your drinking will create a caloric deficit.
Sleep at the same time
So if you’re busy and sleep a few hours a day make sure you sleep those hours the same time every day. This will help regulate your hormones especially to burn fat.
Stop listening to what your friend said about how she works out to lose weight. It worked for them, great. You are a different human being. There are many things that are different between you and your friend: time, schedule, kids, stress, anxiety, weight, and build. Men usually say don’t do any cardio and women usually say to do more cardio. Here’s a simple way to address the battle of cardio and weights. Start your workout routine with 50% cardio and 50% weights. Then you can adjust 60/40 based on which you prefer and what results you are getting.
It doesn’t have to be that difficult like it’s painted to lose weight. Let me you just a few things that have happened to my successful clients in the past 10 years in the fitness industry.
- Be patient. When things are built on discipline and patience the are usually better in the long term.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. My most successful clients put blinders on. The came into camp at their time ad just crushed it. They didn’t worry about how much “Mary” and “Susie” were lifting
- Avoid distractions at all cost. Distractions can be people or things who take you off course of your weight loss journey.
- Celebrate your victories when you achieve a mini milestone. I see members crushing themselves because the lost 12 pounds and not 15.
- Make sure to Express gratitude towards yourself and others.
- Im sure you’ve heard of the saying, “Rome wasn’t built in one day.” Here another cool thing about Rome that you can apply when losing weight. Rome wasn’t built by one person. Get around a team. Hire a trainer or a coach. Have your family onboard. Get your friends onboard with your plan. My biggest breakthroughs have been when hiring a coach. A coach is like a cheat code to see into the future because they’ve been through it.